26
JUL
Seven Bingo Location Closes

Seven Bingo Location Closes

Written by: Glo Wood on 26/07/2014 16:55

A Seven Bingo hall, owned by Mike Barnard and Peter Hargreaves, will not be renewing its license at the end of the month and recently hosted its final session according to the Folkestone Herald.

The bingo hall was previously known as Deluxe Club with the same owners since 2007; however rather than renew the license the owners have chosen to relocate.

Bingo player Kath Middleton, 65, said: "We were a close-knit group, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself now.

"I went at least once a week and they were a great bunch of people. It was always a nice social evening. For some people this was their only social evening when they got to see their friends.

"Friday was quite sad as it was the last session but a lot of people came out of the woodwork for it. There were more than usual. If they'd come more regularly, it might be staying open. I wish the two gentlemen all the best."

Mr. Barnard, 48, has 30 years of industry experience and recalled the days when 500 players were attending bingo each day but those numbers have since dropped to 200.

"There are a few reasons behind the decision”, he said.

"One is the rates, the next is the number of people who have stopped coming. Finally, our lease is coming to an end and we decided a couple of weeks ago to not renew.

"There has been a bingo hall here since 1974. It had problems before we took it over because of the smoking ban but we had a couple of good years."

 

Categorised Under: Bingo News,
Current Article Rating
Login to Rate 

0 Comments

Login to Comment 

Archive

Newsletters

Signup for your email updates.Get special offers, news, competitions and more!

Newsletter Signup Submit 
Top